The awesome peeps over at Taste of Abbot Kinney hooked up Yo! Venice! with some tickets to raffle off to our readers. We will be giving two readers the Taste of Abbot Kinney “Delicious Package”, which include 30 tasting tickets. It is a $50 value ($60 if you buy tickets the day of and not today!). The prizes should be a bunch of food for you and a friend if you win, so good luck!
Here is how the Yo! Venice! raffle is going down:
1. Write a paragraph or two about why you love Venice. Maybe it is a childhood memory you have from growing up here. Maybe you were watching Bay Watch from your parents place in Kazakhstan and said “that is where I am moving!” Maybe you have a secret spot to share? A memory of a great old school teacher at Twain or Venice High or a favorite bar tender? Maybe you want to write about a grumpy old neighbor that throws crap at kids? Do your thing!
2. Post up your story in the forums as a reply to this post.
3. Vote on each others posts with the “thumbs up / thumbs down” feature in the forums. That should be democratic enough to pick the two winners. (Update: I have been told those thumbs up’s can be rigged – so .. I’ll just pick a couple .. then ask everyone who should win.)
4. The two stories with the most votes will win 30 tasting tickets each. Winners will be announced tomorrow in the thread at … 6pm?
5. Pick up your tickets on Sunday and enjoy!
6. Oh, we will likely put the winning stories and some others on the home page!