The Board of the Venice Neighborhood Council will meet this evening from 7-10:30pm at the Westminster Elementary School Auditorium at 1010 Abbot Kinney. Click here to read the whole agenda.
Items of interest include:
• Congratulations to the winners of the “Spirit of Venice” Awards at the 2013 Abbot Kinney Festival.
• The Great Venice Toy Drive is Back! Collections start in November (more on that later).
• Final presentation of the Venice Zipline Status report (click here).
• Cleanup of Windward Circle on Sunday, October 20
• Appointment of Open Land Use and Planning Committee Seat
• Support for the Creation of a “Development Services Department” by consolidating LA City Planning with Department of Building.
• Support for reevaluating future costs of DWP’s FIT 100 program
– 417 Sunset Ave: Small Lot Subdivision with 2 homes
– 613 Rose Ave: Two story; mixed use project consisting of two dwelling units; restaurant and retail space with a cub to permit a full line of alcoholic beverages for on site consumption.
• Building Code Enforcement – MOTION: The VNC shall send a letter to Councilman Mike Bonin and the City Attorney requesting that all building codes shall be enforced in Venice, including billboard regulations