The Venice Neighborhood Council and the Vera Davis McClendon Youth and Family Center are collecting new, unwrapped, non-violent toys at various locations in Venice from now through December 17 as part of the Great Venice Toy Drive & Holiday Festival
Toys can be dropped off through December 17, 2015 at any of the 7 locations in Venice:
(1) Abbot’s Habit, 1401 Abbot Kinney Blvd.
(2) HUZZAH!, 2010 Lincoln Blvd.
(3) Le Cellier Wine Bar & Restaurant, 417 Washington Blvd.
(4) Oscar’s Cerveteca, 523 Rose Ave.
(5) Superba Food & Bread, 1900 Lincoln Blvd.
(6) TheVNC booth at the Venice Farmers’ Market (Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.), intersection of Venice Blvd. and Venice Way
(7) The VNC’s Board meetings on November 17 and December 15, 2015, Westminster Elementary School, 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd. (Make sure to look for the bin with the reindeer riding the bicycle!)
The toy drive culminates in a free holiday festival to be held at Oakwood Recreation Center on December 19, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. At the festival, children up to sixteen years of age present with a parent or guardian will be able to select a toy.
The toy giveaway will be first come, first served. Santa will be available for photos. Kids will be able to engage in arts and crafts or play on a moon bounce or in the snow. There will be facepainting as well as a caricature artist and deejay. Food will also be provided.
Mariana Aguilar, one of the toy drive’s team members, says, “Last year, The Great Venice Toy Drive ensured that over 500 Venice kids not only had a toy for the holiday season, but also had a great day at Oakwood park with their families and community. With the help of our Venice neighbors, we hope to make this year’s event the best one yet.”
This is the fifth year that the VNC has sponsored The Great Venice Toy Drive. The VNC created the event in response to community concerns about the lack of a toy giveaway in the Venice area.
The Great Venice Toy Drive is still looking for volunteers. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in helping.