Fight Breast Cancer July 15th, 2009: Dine Out for the Cure

0
248

kroman

Tomorrow is “Dine Out for the Cure” Day in Los Angeles, and participating restaurants will be donating ten percent of their gross that day to Susan G. Komen for the Cure of Los Angeles County to help fight breast cancer. If just a portion of you 30k weekly YoVenice! viewers join in, we really can help!

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world’s leader in breast cancer research, awareness, and education. The money raised from the one-day fundraiser will make it possible to carry out the Los Angeles Affiliate’s goal to provide the medically underserved and uninsured populations in the LA County with screening, diagnostics and treatment for breast cancer. The Komen LA County Affiliate will utilize 75 percent of the Dine Out for the Cure® proceeds for breast cancer patient services within Los Angeles County. The remaining 25 percent will go to Komen National for research. Susan G. Komen for the Cure has invested more than $1.3 billion and become the largest non-profit funder of breast cancer research in the world.

Breakfast, Lunch and/or Dinner, there are a few local restaurants that make helping out very easy to do. It will probably be best to motivate and make your reservations today, so here is the list of participating establishments:

The Organic Panificio Cafe (Lunch, Dinner) – Marina del Rey
The Waterfront Restaurant (Dinner) – Marina del Rey
Cézanne at Le Merigot Hotel (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) – Santa Monica
Rush Street (Lunch, Dinner, Lounge Reception) – Culver City
Ford’s Filling Station (Dinner) – Culver City
The Zinc Lounge at the Shade Hotel (Lunch, Dinner) – Manhattan Beach
West Restaurant & Lounge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) – Brentwood
BLVD 16 at the Palomar Hotel (Breakfast, Dinner) – Westwood
The Gardens on Glendon (Lunch) – Westwood
Café Rodeo at the Luxe Hotel (Lunch, Dinner) – Beverly Hills
Michael’s On Naples (Dinner) – Long Beach
The Madison (Dinner) – Long Beach
Roy’s: Downtown LA (Lunch, Dinner), Pasadena (Dinner), Woodland Hills (Dinner)
La Grande Orange Café (Dinner) – Pasadena

Caribbean:
Spice Mill by Conny Andersson (Lunch, Dinner) – Cockleshell Beach, St. Kitts

For more information on the Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization, click to read more

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure Los Angeles County Affiliate:

Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982 that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, the organization is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. Susan G. Komen for the Cure has invested more than $1.3 billion to fulfill its promise, becoming the largest non-profit funder of breast cancer research in the world. The Los Angeles County Affiliate has raised more than $7 million to fund breast cancer programs and research in the last 13 years and to provide the medically underserved and uninsured populations in Los Angeles County with screening, diagnostic tests and treatments for breast cancer. For more information about the Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cureâ, visit www.komenlacounty.org or call 310-575-3011. Please join us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and MySpace.

SHARE