Believe it or not, Mother’s Day is just a few weeks away. That means you don’t have much time left to get mom the perfect gift (especially if you’re ordering online). If you’re interested in avoiding the run-of-the-mill flowers, jewelry, brunches, and dinners, perhaps your mother would love to receive some perfume. Although selecting the appropriate scent will require some effort, it’s a gift your mom can cherish all year (or even longer).
Still not convinced that buying perfume for your mom is the best idea? Check out some of the top reasons it makes sense.
It Shows You Care
Perfume isn’t one of those things you can select haphazardly. Discerning the right fragrance for your mom requires a level of closeness that other gifts don’t. It means that the two of you have a strong bond, and you pay attention to everything from their preferences to their personality. Every time your mother puts on the fragrance, she’s reminded of how much you care.
Even if you don’t get the scent quite right, perfume has multiple uses. Your mom can spray it on some dried flowers and use it as potpourri. She can spritz it on her comforter, curtains, or upholstered furniture to add a soothing aroma to her living space. Then, once the bottle is empty, your mom can display it on her dresser to add to the decor.
Creates or Triggers Memories
Perfume is an ideal mother’s day gift because it has the power to create and trigger memories. Think about it. When you smell food, flowers, essential oils, or other fragrances, it can take you back in time and evoke positive emotions. Maybe there’s a perfume that your mom wore in the past that reminds you of something from your childhood. Purchasing that for her would take you back to that moment, making it a gift that keeps on giving.
If you want to stand out this Mother’s Day, buying perfume will do the trick. Because there are so many perfume brands and selecting the right one requires research and effort, not everyone is going to go that route. So, while everyone else is giving her flowers, pajamas, cookware, and taking her out to lunch, you can feel confident knowing you’ve given her something she can really appreciate.
Finding A Suitable Scent
Now that you know why perfume makes the perfect Mother’s Day gift let’s discuss a few tips to narrow down your options.
- Raid Her Dresser – When she’s not looking, take a peek at your mom’s dresser to see what types of fragrances she enjoys most.
- Ask Others – Get opinions from the people closest to your mother. Ask your dad, siblings, or even your mom’s best friends to learn more about what perfumes she might like.
- Sample Before You Buy – Unless you’re purchasing a fragrance you know your mother wears regularly, it’s best to sample before buying. You can request samples by mail or head to a beauty counter where you can get assistance from a salesperson. While the gift is for your mom, if you don’t like the scent, she probably won’t either.
- Shop Around For Discounts – Though perfumes can get pricey, you can find a high-quality yet affordable fragrance for your mom. For instance, you can get discount Jadore perfume online and have it shipped in time for Mother’s Day.
- Beware of Scams – If you’re going to purchase perfume online, you must beware of scams. Some sites will advertise a fragrance as original, but it’s a copy or fake, and they’ve simply jacked up the price. Check the site’s authenticity and read customer reviews to ensure you’re getting the right products.
Mother’s day is all about celebrating one of the most special people in your life. She deserves to be showered with gifts that have meaning and purpose. Save the jewelry, PJs, cookware, and home decor for Christmas, and show your mom how much you care by purchasing her perfume. It’s a multi-purpose gift that triggers memories and evokes positive emotions that she can cherish for years to come.