From the LATimes:
Time Warner Cable has rolled out the first phase of its $15-million Wi-Fi network in Los Angeles and Orange counties — the company’s largest wireless deployment thus far. The service is available in Venice Beach.
The cable company’s high-speed Internet customers can tap into the hot spots on their wireless devices for free. People who are not customers can access the network by paying a fee. Rates are $2.95 for one hour, $6.95 for a day; $19.95 for a week or $49.95 for a monthly plan.
From Time Warner: All you need is your Time Warner Cable email address and password. Follow the instructions below to connect.
- Turn your WiFi feature ON.
- Select TWCWiFi network from your connection options.
- Open an Internet browser.
- Enter your Time Warner Cable email address (for example, [email protected]) and your password on the WiFi Sign-in screen (located at twcwifi.com).
- You’re connected to Time Warner Cable WiFi.
To continue reading the rest of the LATimes article, please click here.