Venice Beach has been named #5 in National Geographic’s “Top 10 US Boardwalks“.
1. Atlantic City Boardwalk, New Jersey
2. Coney Island Boardwalk, Brooklyn, New York
3. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4. Ocean City Boardwalk, Maryland
5. Ocean Front Walk, Venice Beach, California
If California is the land of freewheeling culture, then the Venice Boardwalk is its epicenter. While much of the town’s boutiques have gone upscale and beachfront property has been snapped up by Hollywood A-listers, the three-mile (five-kilometer) beachside stretch of fortune-tellers, tattoo artists, weightlifters, handmade jewelry peddlers, and street performers is a remnant of the town’s turn as a bohemian and surf mecca in the 1960s.
6. Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, Delaware
7. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, California
8. Sandwich Boardwalk, Massachusetts
9. Virginia Beach, Virginia
10. Wildwoods Boardwalk, New Jersey