The Los Angeles County Arts Commission, The County of Los Angeles and The Parks After Dark Program have set up a series of 78 free summer concerts around Los Angeles this summer. The concerts are scheduled to run through this October in parks, plazas, libraries and arts centers. You can peep a complete schedule of the concerts online by clicking here.
A sampling of free concerts across the Districts includes:
– Zydeco music from Lisa Haley and the Zydekats at Memorial Park Bandshell in Pasadena August 10
– Mariachi Divas at Cesar Chavez Amphitheater in Baldwin Park August 19
– Music from the cultures of Indonesia by Bali at Rancho Cordillera del Norte in Northridge August 28
– Susie Hansen Latin Jazz Band at Veteran’s Park in Culver City August 29
– Taiko drumming from TAIKOPROJECT in the East Village Arts District in Long Beach October 9
Artists who perform at Free Concerts in Public Sites are chosen by the concert presenters from the Arts Commission’s Musicians Roster featuring more than 100 L.A. County-based groups representing a range of musical styles. This online directory is accessible to the general public by clicking here.