Now that the Olympics are over and we’re done watching all the swimming, track and field, and gymnastics we can handle, it’s time to turn our attention to our other favorite fall pastime, the NFL. The NFL season (and its little brother, the college football season) has just begun, and already there are some interesting storylines, such as the shocking dismantling the New Orleans Saints put on the returning two-time NFC finalist Green Bay Packers. Or how about the surprise overtime ending on Monday night of the Las Vegas Raiders over the Baltimore Ravens?
With the season underway and already more entertaining than in years, where you catch the games is as important as what games to watch. Venice has some hidden gems to catch all the action, hang out with other cool people, and enjoy a Thursday night, Sunday day or Monday night game. And scouting out these locations now may give you an idea of where to host your next fantasy football draft, as well.
Our List Of Destinations To Watch The NFL In Venice
Our list of destinations to watch the NFL in Venice includes some places known more for the ambiance and people than the food. But have no fear, the places that make our list give you the best opportunity to catch all the action while taking in the cool vibes of Venice.
- The Waterfront Venice: Looking for a relaxed atmosphere and great food, the Waterfront should be on your radar. Established in 1967, The Waterfront offers a great experience, good food, and cold drinks with plenty of TVs to catch NFL action. As for ambiance, the Waterfront likes to keep it real with an eye on the beach lifestyle that is part of Venice’s history and lore. There’s even ample event space to host your next fantasy draft where you and the other league owners can draft, plan, and celebrate in style.
- South End: The very best pizza comes with a bit of attitude. You can taste it in the ingredients and the finished product. Venice is home to plenty of pizza joints, but none offer the best mixture of fun and food like South End. So come for the game, grab some drinks and pizza and cheer on your favorite teams.
- 90 West Lounge: As unique and eclectic as Venice itself, 90 West Lounge is the best spot to catch a game and people-watch at the same time. With great drinks, ample TVs, and irregular regulars, the wild-time football environment at 90 West Lounge is ideal for those looking to catch all the action and enjoy themselves in a raucous atmosphere at the same time!
- Venice Beach Bar & Kitchen: Established in 2016, the Patio’s panoramic views at Venice Beach Bar are absolutely breathtaking. Come early, saddle up to the bar or grab a table and stay awhile. With all the goings-on along with the circus that can be Venice and the fantastic views of the Pacific, you’ll have plenty to watch if your NFL team is struggling.
- Firestone Walker Brewery: Catch all the NFL action and grab tasty food at Firestone Walker Brewery, located right on the border of Venice. Just as cool as the rest of Venice, Firestone Walker Brewery has a wide selection of beers brewed on the premises under their Propagator label. Grab some delicious treats from wings to comfort Mac & Cheese, Brussel Sprouts, tasty tacos, and burgers. Then, watch the game as you sample some of the Propagator taproom beers made on the premises.
- LA Draught: Located just outside the northern border of Venice is a hidden little spot known as LA Draught. Okay, so not traditionally in Venice (what is traditional about Venice anyway?), LA Draught is an excellent location to consider. Their collection of craft beers, numerous TVs, and classic pub grub will make your game-watching more than extraordinary. What’s cool about this location is that they also offer 15 people on-premise catering, so it’s an ideal location to watch and host your next fantasy draft in a fun setting.
Regardless of where you go to catch all the games, be sure to set your fantasy lineups first. The last thing you need is to have a high-ceiling player sitting on your bench, watching him score multiple receptions and touchdowns in real-time. To get all the best insights and analysis to help you set your lineups, use an NFL optimizer tool so you can set it and forget it while enjoying the live-action.