Ever felt like dressing up as a zombie and dancing around to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” to raise money for the homeless but couldn’t for the life of you find a place to do it? Your wait is over! Venice is THE place to do it this weekend!
During the 2nd Annual Venice Beach Summer Fest on July 24th-25th, a group of like-minded Zombie/ Jackson fans will be getting their “Thriller” on down at the beach.
From the organizer (click here to contact them):
Hello Thrilling Zombies,
We have another opportunity to surprise people by performing Thriller at one of the most crowded events of the summer – the 2nd Annual Summer Festival in Venice Beach. The festival will take place on July 24th-25th and will attract more than 15,000 people during the 2 day weekend. This is a great opportunity for us to put on our zombie gear and continue recruiting more zombies. This is going to be so much… FUN!!!!!
The Summer Fest will be opening with a walk for charity to support the homeless in Venice Beach and performing arts. We will be doing the walk in the dancing moves of Thriller. YAY!!!!! A donation of $3-$5/participant would be more than appreciated by the “Send Me A Penny”, the non-profit organization supporting Venice Beach. We’ll not only raise awareness about Thrill the World Los Angeles, but will be making a contribution in helping others, exactly what Michael would have done. Let’s take his example and keep his legacy alive.
The walk will end at the stage and open Summer Fest with Food and live bands, performers, and lots of fun. After the walk, we’ll have the opportunity to perform Thriller near the stage area. Because it’s a fun festival that fits the need of the entire family, please invite your family and all your friends to come and support you. You can chose to dress up as zombie or not, but we’d like to have at least 25 zombies to do the dance during the walk and at the stage.
To register, please email Monica at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a TWO DAY EVENT, which will take place on both Saturday and Sunday, July 24th and 25th 2010. The schedule is the same for both days, as follows:
July 24th & 25th, 2010:
– 7:00 am (no later than 7:30 am): meeting at the intersection of Ocean Front Walk and Dudley Ave, right at the corner of the Rose parking lot, in full zombie gear.
– 8:30 am: The walk will start and it will open Venice Summer festival. We will be walking on Ocean Front Walk, from the Rose Parking Lot to Windward Circle, where the stage and bands will be located. It is a short walk of approximate 0.6 miles. During the walk, we’ll surprise visitors and participants by performing Thriller.
– 9:00 am: The walk ends at the stage area, where we’ll be performing and held a workshop for approximate 30 minutes
– 9:30 am – 12:00 pm: BREAK to enjoy the activities at the Summer Fest
– 12:00 pm: second performance on stage and workshop for another 30 minutes.
Saturday, July 25th from 8:00am -1:00pm
1800 Ocean Walk Front