We were sitting at Mercedes Grill the other day when an LAPD cruiser came down Ocean Front Walk’s alley driving the wrong way down a one way street with the lights on top blazing away. We were pretty excited that we were sitting next to some breaking news that we could post up here so we watched attentively in “reporter mode” while sipping on our mohitos.
Blow by blow:
1. LAPD cruiser comes down one way alley with lights on and parks next to the Terrace Grill.
2. Cops get out of car slow, with “make my day” swagger – we are expecting a shootout, since the LAPD officers have chosen not to drive down the street like everyone else in life: the correct direction. They MUST BE sneaking up on the perps, yo!
3. Cops saunter into Hinano. We are thinking … ooo they came around the side the wrong way because they didn’t want the evildoers at Hinano to see them coming to get them … even tho that would be 1/2 baked as they could have just parked a few doors down on Washington sneaking up on the perps and also abiding by the laws of the road.
4. About 30 minutes later the cops come out of Hinano with potato chip bags in hand … the ones that come with a Hinano burger. No perps in tow, just full bellies of Hinano beef.
5. We say “Oh no they didn’t!” and have a lengthy conversation how it doesn’t seem appropriate cops should so flagrantly disregard all of the vehicle laws that it is their job to enforce. It just doesn’t look good to act like laws don’t matter if you are a cop that wants a burger.
What do you think?