The Venice Neighborhood Council will have a Rules & Elections Committee Meeting at Extra Space Storage on Venice this evening starting at 7pm.
Rules & Elections Committee Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Review & approval of any outstanding minutes (1/27/2010)
4. Public Announcements and Comments on items not on the Agenda (15 minutes, no more than 2 minutes per person)
5. Old Business
6. New Business A. The REC was tasked by the Adcomm to research the Brown Act, Robert’s Rules of Order, the VNC Bylaws and the VNC Standing Rules to discuss the following stakeholder’s requests:
(iii) Bruce Birch (email@example.com)
• Stakeholder request for the VNC Administrative Committee to address the methods and timeliness of all VNC standing and adhoc committees in the posting of meeting agendas and the recording and posting of meeting minutes.
• Stakeholder request for the Administrative Committee to review all Brown Act, VNC Bylaws, VNC Standing Rules, and Robert’s Rules of Order sections that apply to public meetings and records and direct all VNC Committees to comply.
• Stakeholder request that the VNC Administrative Committee direct the VNC Vice President to confirm that all Standing and Adhoc VNC Committees are in compliance with Brown Act, VNC Bylaws, VNC Standing Rules, and Robert’s Rules of Order and provide continuing oversight.
• Stakeholder request that all outstanding Public Records of the same committees be transferred to the VNC Secretary immediately.
B. Review the VNC Bylaws as posted and remove those sections not approved by stakeholder ratification. (Ira Koslow – firstname.lastname@example.org )
C. Review the VNC Standing Rules as posted for completeness and accuracy. (Ira Koslow – email@example.com )
D. Commend the Election Committee for the extraordinary job in their part of the April Board election. (Ira Koslow – firstname.lastname@example.org )
7. Announcements & Public Comment on items not on the Agenda (15 minutes, no more than 2 minutes per person)
8. Adjourn (Approx. 7:30 PM)
Extra Space Storage (Community Room)
658 Venice Blvd., Venice, 90291
Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 7:00 PM`