Throughout the southland that is Los Angeles County, there is so much to do and see that without a “best of” guide or a resource like TripAdvisor that can help guide a person’s visit, it can all be overwhelming. If you’re visiting for the first time and need a list of things to do and see, the best of Venice Beach 2021 can help guide you to some fantastic places to go, things to do, and award-winning dining options to explore.
Best known as “the playground by the sea,” Venice Beach is a destination unlike any other in LA county. In Venice Beach alone, multiple award-winning restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues cater to an adult-centered audience. You can choose between award-winning Gjelina for locally sourced, produce forward fare to grabbing drinks at James Beach or Venice Whaler.
The Venice Whaler is a historic local hot spot, hosting locals and celebrities since 1944. With a combination of incredible drinks and scenic vistas, especially during sunset, the atmosphere and crowd vibes offer an excellent time for everyone.
Other Types of Entertainment
If you’re a person looking for alternative types of entertainment in the area, understand that Los Angeles and California are cannabis-friendly states. What that means is that for adults 21 years and older, you can purchase cannabis products for personal use. There are a variety of top-notch distributors that are regulated throughout the County, and there are locations that are even weed-friendly.
To relax and find the best dispensary in LA for your cannabis needs, you want to find a reputable retailer that comes with several positive customer reviews, is regulated by the state, has educated staff to assist you, and has a clean, well-light retail space. You can check out some of the top dispensaries right in Venice and the surrounding areas, such as Green Goddess Collective, ProjCan, Erba Venice, and CAC Venice.
Whatever your fancy and source of entertainment, throughout Los Angeles and Venice Beach, in particular, there are a ton of options available to you. Some of the top recreation options in Venice Beach include:
- Venice Beach: In addition to the sprawling sand and lapping waves, Venice Beach is known for Muscle Beach, the boardwalk, and also has a 1,300-foot concrete fishing pier that provides fishing opportunities to the south end and surfing on the north side.
- Aloha Brothers: For thrill-seekers and curious types, Aloha Brothers offers surf lessons for people of all ages and experiences to learn, improve, and enjoy their skills in surfing. Lessons are provided in group or individual formats with packages available.
- Muscle Beach: Of course, any visit to Venice Beach almost requires a stop over to Muscle Beach, located on the beach of Venice. The beach is famous for bodybuilders, gymnasts, and exercise enthusiasts such as Jack La Lanne and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Electric Lodge Performing Arts: One of the more distinguishable features of Venice Beach is the street performers and local artists. The Electric Lodge Performing Arts Center provides space for a dance studio, commercial kitchen, rehearsal space, and a black-box theater. The eclectic combination of the space is the perfect motif for the uniqueness of Venice Beach.
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard: The center for shopping, dining, and art is found along Abbot Kinney Boulevard. The bohemian atmosphere is exemplified along the Abbot Kinney Boulevard rows of boutiques and eateries. For locals and tourists alike, the bohemian atmosphere, a perspective on individuality, and shopping for one-of-a-kind items. Abbot Kinney Boulevard is the spot.
- Venice Murals: Known as a hotspot of art, Venice Beach is adorned with murals throughout the city. You can spend hours walking along the Venice Beach Boardwalk, between Navy and Rose Avenues, taking in the murals and outdoor art collection. The average time for the free, self-guided walking tour of the Venice Beach Murals is about 3-hours.
Beyond the people watching along the boardwalk that Venice Beach is known for, there is simply so much to see and do in Venice Beach. From canals to top-notch restaurants with inspired food offerings, taking the time to walk around and explore all that Venice offers will provide you with some fantastic opportunities to enjoy yourself.
Finding alternatives to enjoy the uniqueness of Venice Beach and having time just to slow down, relax, and enjoy yourself is what the vibe of Venice Beach is all about. It’s a lifestyle of fun and leisure; whether you’re a local or visiting for the first time, there’s simply so much to do and take in.