As part of the 405 closure “fun”, at 10:50 am cyclists from the “Wolfpack Hustle” will race a Jet Blue commuter airplane with passengers Joe Anthony and Ezra Horne on flight #405 from Burbank to Long Beach. Yo! Venice! sponsor Santa Monica Airlines is pledging $100 to the LA County Bike Coalition for every minute the Wolf Pack beats JetBlue in this “flight vs bike“.
Own a business or just love to support alternative modes of transportation besides cars? Make a pledge! This is a fun event! Big props to Jet Blue and Santa Monica Airlines for being part of the fun and helping with cycling awareness!
I spoke with Joe Anthony as he was getting ready to get on the plane. They don’t want to release the route the Wolfpack Hustle is taking for now, but I will update later with the route and results!
1. Cyclists will depart from the intersection of Cahuenga and Chandler Blvd. in North Hollywood at 10:50 AM PST (Saturday, July 16)
2. Cyclists will be required to follow all traffic laws.
3. We can’t turn you away, but please don’t try to join the ride. For safety reasons only the Wolfpack will be racing.
4. @ohaijoe and @Ezrahorne (who will be on the JetBlue flight racing the Wolfpack) will ride in a car from the starting point to BUR, and take a cab from LGB to the finish line.
5. The finish line is the light house at the Shoreline Aquatic Park in Long Beach (adjacent to Acquarium of the Pacific) You’re welcome to meet us there.
FIRST TO ARRIVE AT THE LIGHT HOUSE WINS!
For direct updates follow Twitter hashtag #flightVSbike and accounts @bikecommutenews, @wolfpackhustle, @ohaijoe, @ezrahorne and @garyridesbikes.
[…] for the awesome Wolfpack Hustle VS. Jet Blue race from Burbank to Long Beach, the first “Carmageddon” was mainly a snooze. Hopefully […]