Tumbleweed of Venice on fire…

0
301

I was walking down Abbott Kinney just now and the ladies at Tumbleweed & Dandelion came running out screaming for fire extinguishers!  The back of their store was on fire – too much for 1 extinguisher to contain.  A few businesses were able to lend them extinguishers.  The Fire Department showed up quickly and put the fire out – apparently, it started in their garbage cans.  Read = someone probably threw a cigarette in there without making sure it was totally out!

Tumbleweed and Dandelion Fire

More pictures and reporting after the jump!

Dudes.  Come on.  Don’t we know enough about fires in this state to realize that any amount of spark is dangerous?!  The alley was HOT, the cans were hot, the contents I’m sure were hot – a smoldering cigarette is all it took.  Believe me, I am ALL for THROWING OUT a cigarette rather than leaving butts all over the ground (that is a pet peeve of mine!) – but please please please stomp the thing out, pick it up, throw it out.

These poor ladies have a lot of cleanup on their hands now.  And they need new garbage cans.

I felt sort of like a vulture taking pictures of such a terrible thing, but I wanted to be able to show everyone the damage that one little mistake can cause.  Please be smart!

Tumbleweed and Dandelion Fire

Tumbleweed and Dandelion Fire

SHARE