Venice Neighborhood Council meetings are open to all Venice “stakeholders”. If you hold some stake and are interested in becoming involved in the goings on of the council, whether by listening or speaking your mind, the next meeting is on Tuesday, June 17th:
What: Venice Neighborhood Council Board Meeting on Tuesday, June 17th, 2008.
Key Agenda Items:
· Approval of Community Improvement Project funding recipients. Eighteen projects have been recommended for funding from an initial applicant pool of over 40. Board vote is the final step to awarding funds in the innovative application / funding process initiated by the VNC. Applicants are eligible to receive up to $5,000 with a total of $40,000 to be distributed.
· Approval of a new Ad-Hoc Committee on Homelessness and Vehicular Living. Committee to be composed of 2 Co-Chairs, 8 stakeholders, 2 VNC Board Members and non-voting members drawn from City and County Government. Co-Chairs will appoint members from pool of applicants in the month following creation of the committee. Applications from stakeholder for membership can be sent to secretary@VeniceNC.org.
· Special VNC Election to be held concurrently with Board Meeting. Stakeholders will be asked to confirm Sean Kelly (Communications Officer) and Brennan Lindner (Community Officer), filling VNC Board vacancies. Four Bylaws changes will also be on the ballot for ratification.
· Consideration and initial discussion of VNC Budget for 2008-2009. A vote to approve the Budget will be taken if time allows; otherwise it will take place at the July Board Meeting.
· Approval of Community Impact Statement on the City’s newly enacted implementation of State Affordable Housing incentives (SB 1818).
Snacks and coffee will be provided.
The detailed agenda will be posted on the Internet by Friday, June 13th at www.VeniceNC.org and at posting places in the community.
There is no charge for this event. It is open to all Venice stakeholders and public comments are encouraged.
Where: Westminster Elementary School Auditorium, 1010 Abbot Kinney Blvd (parking and auditorium entrance on Westminister, 1/2 block west of Abbot Kinney)
When: Tuesday, June 17, 2008