Remember that VNC Neighborhood Committee Meeting agenda that was sent out saying it was November 5th, when it was actually OCTOBER 5th, but then canceled?
Download the agenda document by clicking here. Sump trucks and porta-potties!
Talking Stick Coffee Shop
California at Lincoln – SW Corner
Tuesday Oct 12, 2010, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
NOTE NEW TIME AND PLACE
AGENDA – NEIGHBORHOOD COMMITTEE
I. Introductions and Approval of Agenda
II . Announcements – 5 minutes
III. Public Comment – 5 minutes
IV. Discussion and Possible Adoption of minutes –
V. OLD BUSINESS
““` 1. Additional wording for the Bike Riders Bill of Rights
2 Report on construction at 5th & Dewey
3 Trash Talk, Options, Projects, Discussion, what do we want to do to clean-up Venice? Brainstorming
4 Follow-up & Report : John Tabis – Request that the city stop the final asphalting of the Washington Blvd sewage project and instead install center dividers, preferably with some kind of foliage, to separate the two sides of the street starting West of Mildred and running along Washington until Palawan Way.
5. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTIONS :WHEREAS 16 million people visit Venice every year, they are confronted with inadequate sanitation facilities. It is a daily health and safety problem for visitors and residents alike who suffer as beach visitors leave the area, not willing to wait in lines to use the public bathroom facilities. These lines are often 25 people deep on weekends, and
WHEREAS both the County and City of Los Angeles must acknowledge the urgency of the situation and immediately increase the availability of sanitation services to the Venice area
BE IT RESOLVED that the Venice Neighborhood Council, being aware that this situation has reached critical mass, requests the following actions:
1- Public bathrooms need extended hours with heightened maintenance and security. Additional portable toilets should be placed both on beach parking lots and away from the beach.
2- The City and/or the County should provide regular pickups by mobile sump trucks to each region of the City and County to immediately service a growing population due to the poor economic situation.
Preventing sanitation problems is more cost efficient than clean-up costs ( Hazmat).
6. .DISCUSSION we want to ask for a By-Laws change regarding districts and mapping of areas of NHC. Discussion only
7. Discussion – Neighborhood policies regarding hours of operation
8. .DISCUSSION Sober Living Homes – Rules and Regulations in Residential Areas
9. Do we want to formulate policies regarding marathon events, I have received another marathon event NOTICE for Dec 11th, should we just get a standard reply about notifying neighborhoods and churches, and Maxine, what was your request?
VI. NEIGHBORHOOD REPORTS
VII. NEW BUSINESS
Jack Wong. Motion to request consideration of placing speed humps on Palms Blvd, between Lincoln and Penmar. Speed Humps already exist east of this segment of Palms, towards Beethoven.
The reason for my request is that the cars travelling on Palms are clipping along at a pretty fast pace and there is an element of danger pulling out of the driveway onto Palms. The situation is made worse by the fact that the cars parked on the street also obscure the line of vision.
VIII Neighborhood Newsletters – coordinating and collaborating, Discussion
IX. Turkeys for Vera Davis Center Thanksgiving Give-Away – How can we help?
X. Administrative: Change – Next meeting November 2, 2010. I will be absent, Who would like to chair the meeting?
XI. Adjourn: 10:00 – NEED SOMEONE TO CHAIR THE NOVEMBER 2ND MEETING PLEASE